Saturday, February 23, 2008

Long time no blog

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted anything on the blog. Luckily Dr. J is diligent with his updates and has taken some great pictures lately.

It's hard to believe that we've been back in Iqaluit for two weeks, because some days it feels like we never even had a vacation. The number and the acuity of patients has increased by a ridiculous amount, particularly the pediatric cases. If you're a doctor looking for more pediatrics experience, look no further than Iqaluit in the winter! Weirdly enough, there has been very little RSV here so far...I may be eating those words within the next few weeks, though.

I have been on for anesthesia recently, and I feel like this was a good week. We had quite a variety of cases, including a couple of more challenging ones (for me) and I felt they went well. I'm still on call for a few more days yet, so I hope I haven't jinxed myself by saying that... Now I'll be expecting a call for a stat section at 2 AM someday soon...

It's getting light outside way earlier in the day these past few weeks, which makes it easier to get up and go to the hospital in the morning. I can't wait until it's a bit warmer so that we can go do some cross country skiing.

Here's a couple of Iqaluit pictures that I took this winter (the first one happens to have a sun dog!)



1 comment:

The Tundra PA said...

Wow, your dogs are way farther out from the sun than ours are! Wonder why that is... maybe a latitude thing? Bethel is at 61 degrees N; aren't you more like 70 degrees?